Bright, techy, and fun…
Is the general direction my team and I were given going into this rebuild of yousurance.com (the live site is down so here’s a saved version of it). Attitude aside, it also needs to get across what we do and how we do it.
What we do and how we do it
This company’s mission is to make buying life insurance suck less– a staggeringly tall order but we have an incredibly effective technical ace up our sleeve based on epigenetic research. The exact nature of our tech is a rabbits hole I don’t want to get into here but this page on their site does a nice job covering the “how” aspect.
How’d we pull it off?
Teamwork. I know it’s a bit of a cliché but you might say the same thing about this “gravity” thing always being the number one suspect whenever anything falls over, beating out even clumsiness. I think what falls flat on the “teamwork” statement for me is lack of credit for specifics, it’s hard to appreciate what everybody puts in when nobody tells you who put in what ingredients to whip up a really cool website.
So, let’s look at whodunnit
- One person found a cool looking but poorly functioning template.
- I took apart and rebuilt the template on a more flexible tech stack.
- Some QA testers did very creative and interesting things to the site to see if they could make it break or look weird.
- A whole slue of other peeps took point on actually writing our rundown on how the company works.
- We all met up routinely to show off our latest work and make sure it was on-point with what everybody else was making.
There you have it, that’s how the website came to be!